East Valley Family Services is a non-profit 501©3 organization that provides support for families in need. We service the Las Vegas valley through a variety of programs targeted to families, children, and seniors.
We are currently looking for applicants for the following positions:
Job Description: Differential Response Worker
Department: Family Preservation Services
The DR Case Worker is responsible for providing information and referrals, case management, and direct services to youth and families referred to the East Valley Family Services by Child Protective Services.
This position will report to the Family Preservation Services Manager.
- Complete assessments of families that are considered a P3 level by CPS for appropriate services that consider their unique strengths, risks and individual needs.
- Complete in-depth assessments on youth/family to determine any safety threats
- Maintain and complete all paperwork within designated timeline.
- Coordinates the referral and intake process for the program
- Input client information in the UNITY system.
- Develop an intensive service plan for all families
- Provides case management services to families and/or youth that participate in the family strengthening programs.
- Conducts weekly contact with clients and bi-weekly with families unless otherwise instructed.
- Submits monthly reports as directed.
Entry Level Qualifications
- Family and youth relationship issues.
- Appropriate interactions with youth and families.
- Case Management skills
- Community Resources
- Keep appointments punctually, be organized and demonstrate follow through.
- Learn new ideas and skills that relate to child safety with hands-on-training.
- Express ideas clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Work with adults and youth of diverse backgrounds and beliefs.
- Apply critical thinking skills to problem solve in stressful situations.
- Communicate assertively in potentially confrontational situations.
- Bachelor Degree in Social Services or related field required.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Able to pass complete background check & CANS check
- Must have reliable transportation to get to and from work
- Must possess a valid Nevada Driver’s License